Tuesday, June 2, 2009

POO Ride

Well tonight I finally did it.. got out for a midweek ride. I did the POO Ride (Port of Oakland) for the first time in quite a few months. 26 miles at an average of 20.7 and max of 34.4. It was a beautiful night, and a blistering pace as usual. I could barely hold on for 2 laps at a time before being spit out the back-- there must have been 50-60 riders tonight.

I recently changed out my regular 12-25 for my "climbing cassette" which is 13-26. I now know that I'm spun out at 34.4mph in my 50x13-- not that I could hold it for long.

I'm afraid I've trained myself into the dead zone with my sporadic riding-- my high intensity is not all that high. I can probably ride forever, but just not hard enough to hang with a race-trained crowd (including AC juniors!).

A front had passed through today so the sky was beautiful with cumulus clouds that we don't get very often-- it looked like the Midwest or Hawaii. The wind wasn't too bad (it can howl out there when the fog is coming in). The setting sun cast a glow on all the containers, cranes, ships and trains against the grey clouds and dark blue sky. I'm going to try to make this a regular thing.

There were also a few guys out there with clip-ons training for the Davis ITT on Sunday. Uh Oh...

Good Riding..

No comments:

Post a Comment