Tuesday, June 30, 2009

POO Two

Well, I took another shot at the Port Ride tonight. After getting totally spanked on the 90-miler with Bill & Peter last weekend I figure I better keep the legs moving between now and the Death Ride, less than 2 weeks away!

Tonight I took it easy. Well, that was kinda decided for me-- I left a little later than usual and didn't get my usual 6 or 7 miles of warm-up before the peloton's arrival. Anyhow, the wind was howling from the west and the pace was pretty fast-- I wasn't the only guy getting blown out the back. I only held on for less than a lap.

But no worries. I just pedaled and pondered and enjoyed the wind in my face while the sun set into the advancing fog. Still managed 26 miles in 1:22. Probably climbed less than 100' total. That'll be a different story in a couple weeks' time!

Good riding..

No comments:

Post a Comment